Samskrita Bharati Limited Singapore (hereinafter referred to SBS) is registered as a non-profit organization to promote, preserve and practice Samskritam (Sanskrit) language to all sections of the society in Singapore as well as neighboring countries. SBS facilitates study of Samskritam through classes, discussions and workshops.
SBS works as extended arm of Samskrita Bharati India and provides its services for the study of Samskritam.
The various kinds of programs offered by Samskrita Bharati are as below:
The 4 levels are as below:
Level 1: Pravesha Beginner course with no prior knowledge of Samskritam required except for a basic understanding of the Samskrita Devanagari script.
Level 2: Parichaya Next level course after passing the Pravesha exams
Level 3: Shiksha Next level course after passing the Parichaya exams
Level 4: Kovida equivalent to Bachelors in Samskritam and can be taken after completing the Shiksha course.
2. Samskrita script classes are conducted for people who do not have knowledge of the Samskritam script which is written in Devanagari.
3. BAlakendram is run with a view to inculcate the understanding of Samskrita language at an early age for children.
4. Every 2nd Sunday of the month the students are encouraged to showcase their abilities through a programme called Shatavaktarah which is designed for fostering spoken and writing skills and making them proficient in Samskrita conversation through plays, songs, discussions, news and short talks on various other topics in Samskritam.
5. Periodic events such as Samskrita Shibirams and Samskrita advanced learning courses in training others are also held to enhance the Samskrita language skills.
6. SBS also encourages student participation in entertainment programs like Samskrita dramas that are held regularly. For more information on the courses please click here.
Attend Shatavaktara program as audience on 2nd Sunday for free
Attend Free Shibirams when available